Friday, July 6, 2007

A quick look back as a start...


This past Winter Solstice/holiday, I decided to embroider all of my gifts - I've always made all of my holiday gifts - but this year was a new endeavor with embroidery. I love it! I am so addicted to Sublime Stitching by Jenny Hart and am interested in creating some of my own patterns soon (I'll keep you posted). Embroidery is like painting with thread and I am simply hooked!

So, anyway, this is one of my favorite pieces that I made for a holiday gift. It was for my best friend, Sarah-bug, who was living in Japan teaching English. I wanted to send her not just a holiday package, but a I-love-and-miss-you-terribly care package. I used a shirt that I bought from Gelugpa monks when they were visiting New Mexico (where I lived for many years), even the buttons from the shirt were put to use in this project!

I am so excited for the upcoming projects I've got planned and will definitely be posting them as they happen! That's it for now, I don't want to start babbling, as I'm still getting used to this blogging thing...

1 comment:

Bug said...

Hi, my sweet friend! I can't tell you how much that package meant to me. Honestly, it brought a tear to my eye. There is so much thought and heart in your work, Lala! You can tell it's a meditative process for you - it shines through. I can't wait to get my own place so my bohisattva has a new home! XO
Sarah