Saturday, September 19, 2009

Bad Ass Babe!

SHOW YOU: Bad Ass Babe Thread Painting

This won't be a how-to post, but instead a quickie show-you post. I have been so busy, and involved with killing bird mites that got into our house about two months ago, so I've been unable to really craft the way I would like to. But I am finally again working on some great projects, which are of course presents for people, so I can't post updates on them until they are received.












This project was a quickie I made for my bestie, Jason. He's been doing drag for many years now and only ripens, gets sweeter and more glamorous with every passing year. He does drag as a form of art and he is magnificent at it. He is, hands down, one of the most beautiful drag queens I know of and I am so proud to support his creativity.

Anyway, Jason, aka Veronica Fake when in drag, had a really kick ass wig a long time ago that was dark hair with bangs and this image reminded me of that wig. And I LOVED when Veronica wore that hair, particularly because of her Hispanic background, the dark hair just frames her face and skin beautifully. So, when I purchased Sublime Stitching's Mitch O'Connell series, I knew I had to make something for Jason in honor of Veronica.

It started as an idea to make it into a little clutch Veronica could carry when she went out at night. But then time passed, two years in fact, and I finally realized I just needed to get it out of storage and finally gift Jason with it. So, this year for his birthday I finally framed the image. I love it!

No comments: